noborder Question:

Hi! Though I am not native, and I do not hold a BA degree, I have been working as an English teacher in the same University for the last five years. I got an English Language Diploma ( CEF Level C1).I have Z visa. I want to move to Shenzhen. Do you think would it be possible to find a job in Shenzhen, using my current Z visa? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Our Answer:

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

Yes, it's possible for you to find a job in Shenzhen, but it depends. Some schools can transfer your Z visa from your current city to Shenzhen, some cannot, so your Z visa would be cancelled as you leave your current school. Some schools can help you to abtain a business visa which will make you take some risk. 

Please see the following link for some possible job positions for you: 

Actually, the visa policy has been changed since last October, the schools can help to make working visa for foreign teachers who are from native English speaking countries such as America, Canada, England, Northern Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on, and the teachers are required to have bachelor degree and TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate and at least 2 years teaching experience. Otherwise, business visa will be processed, but a little risky.

For your situation, I would suggest you continue with your current university.




Selina Yang

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 05:31:10 +0000, 4895 views

< All questions
Find Work Abroad WeChat ID: findworkabroad2
Wechat QR code

Post your resume


Post your resume


Which cities / locations / job types are you most interested in?